In this page
Updated by Deepanwita
You can integrate Slack with Hiver and receive notifications on Slack for Hiver events, such as when you are assigned an email, someone sends you a note, or a new email comes in a certain shared mailbox.
Hiver Admins will need to do a simple one-time integration with Slack.
Integrate Hiver with Slack
- Click on the yellow Hiver icon on Gmail and select the 'Admin Panel' option to view the Admin Dashboard
- Click on the 'Shared Mailbox' tab (second tab from the top) to view the list of shared mailboxes on your Hiver account
- Click anywhere on the row of the shared mailbox, which you want to integrate with Slack, to find the options
- Click on the 'Connectors' tab to open the Connectors page
- Enable the option for Slack
- Select the options for the Slack Integration
Options for Slack Integration
You can choose any or all of the options depending on your requirement.
Send new email alerts to Slack
You can choose to send an alert to a Slack channel whenever a new email arrives in a shared mailbox. The Slack channel can be private or a public channel.
As seen in the screenshot, when you expand the dropdown, you will be able to see all the Slack channels. The public Slack channels will have a '#' prefix, and the private channels will have a '🔒' prefix. You can choose a Slack Channel where notifications will be sent whenever a new email is added to the shared mailbox. A link to open the email will also be sent to the Slack channel.
A few points about choosing the Slack channel which will receive the new email alerts
- Hiver admins who are also Slack admins will be able to do the one-time configuration. For the sake of simplicity, let us refer to her as the authorizer.
- During the initial configuration, only those private Slack channels will be visible in the drop-down list of which the authorizer is a part of. For example, Tony, who is a Hiver Admin as well as Slack admin, will be able to do the initial configuration. Tony is not a part of the private channel '🔒Content,' so '🔒Content' won't come up in the drop-down list.
- Any Hiver admin who is also a Slack admin can choose to change the Slack channel anytime.
- Even for any later changes, only those Slack channels will be visible in the drop-down of which the authorizer is a part of. This happens as Slack gives Hiver access to only the private channels the authorizer is a part of.
Send assignments to Slack
Whenever an email is assigned to a user, she will get a personal notification in Slackbot.
Send @mentions in Notes to Slack
If this is selected, then whenever a note is addressed to anyone using @mentions, then a notification will be sent to her in Slackbot.
What happens when a Slack channel is renamed or deleted.
Whenever a new email comes in a shared mailbox where a notification has to be sent to a Slack channel which no longer exists, then the Hiver Admin will receive the Hiver notification 'Slack connector has been disabled due to invalid settings. Click to review'. The Hiver admin can then choose another channel from the dropdown or remove the option.