Shared Notes for Shared Labels
You can use Shared Notes on emails to communicate with other users with whom the email is shared with through Shared Labels. For every conversation, you will find a box in the Hiver widget on the right side of your Gmail where you can write and view Notes.
Direct a Shared Note to a user
Shared Notes can be created and seen by any user who is a member of the Shared Mailbox.
- @username : You can do a @username to direct a Shared Note at any user. The user to whom a Shared Note is directed at, will receive a notification
- @all : To direct the Shared Note at everybody use a @all
- And if you don't use '@' at all, the Shared Note will stay there as a comment which can be seen by anyone reading the email.
Using Color to Highlight
You can add a background color to notes. To do this,
- Click on the note to expand it
- Click on the ‘dropper’ icon at the bottom right of the note
You’ll then be able to choose a background color for the note.
You can search for notes just as you search for email, from the same search window.