Working with emails in your shared mailbox
Manage emails in a shared mailbox
Import emails to a shared mailbox
Manage spam for shared mailbox
Remove emails from shared mailbox
Manage sent emails
Collaborating with other users
Organizing emails in the shared mailbox
Automating your workflow
Hiver SLAs 2.0 (Beta)
Setting up SLAs (for admins)
Viewing SLAs on conversations
Round Robin Assignment
SLA for shared mailbox
Send emails from your shared mailbox email id
Business Hours for shared mailboxes
Automations for shared mailbox
Auto Assign to Responder
Managing shared mailbox
Collecting customer feedback
Create and manage users
How do you take payments
3rd Party Cookies
Delete Hiver Account
Introduction to Hiver Chat
Managing your chat inbox (for admins)
Managing participants in a chat inbox
Personalizing your chat widget
Customer Satisfaction Surveys (CSATs)
Email capture form
Set widget behaviour when agents are unavailable
Managing agents' availability
Renaming a chat inbox
Deleting a chat inbox
Managing incoming chats (for members)
Chat assignment, replying on chats and more
Replying on chats
Changing Chat Status (Open/Closed)
Referring to Additional Contact Details Using “Chat details” Section
Creating, Editing, and Using Chat Templates
Other Misc. Features
Understanding When a Visitor is Online or Left the Chat
Auto-saved Personal Drafts
Accessing chat inbox
Understanding the default Views in a chat inbox (Unassigned, Mine, Team, and Closed)
Managing Your Availability
Enabling/Disabling Chat Notifications
Manually Sharing Chat Transcripts
Hiver Chat Mobile App
Accessing Hiver Chat Mobile App
View all Open and Closed Chats
Switching between Chat Inboxes
Replying and Managing Chats on the Mobile App
Recognizing Unread Chat Messages
Replying to Visitors
Using Chat Templates on Mobile
Sending Files in a Chat
Accessing "Chat details" option
Closing a Chat
Receive Push-notifications for Your Chat Alerts
Manage Your Availability
Reporting and Analytics
Viewing contact on a conversation
Recent conversations from contact and company
Managing contact settings
Send Emails Later
Reverse order of messages in a conversation
Security and Privacy
Is Anyone Reading My Email?
Do You Store My Emails On Your Servers?
Does Hiver Store My Google Password?
Is My Data Secure During Transfer Between Hiver’s Servers And Google’s Servers?
What Access Permissions Does Hiver Need To My Gmail/Google Account, And Why?
Troubleshoot and FAQ
How do I contact Hiver support?
How can I check the current status of Hiver?
I Get The Error “Hiver Unable To Connect To Your Gmail Because Incorrect Google Apps Permissions”. What Do I Do?
I got a Hiver invite and was logged into the wrong Gmail id. What do I do?
Will email syncing stop if I change my Gmail password?
Can I change my username?
I have added a new user to Hiver but emails with Shared Labels are not syncing with her.
Emails not getting shared with user even after adding her to a Shared Label
Added new user to Hiver account but can't assign emails to her in Shared Mailbox
Why is this conversation not available in my inbox?
Why don't emails sent to the shared mailboxes appear in my Inbox?
Emails are arriving in the Shared Mailbox with a delay. What should I do?
How can I get desktop or browser notifications about tasks and notes?
How do I create multiple Hiver accounts with the same domain?
How can I change the email id for a shared mailbox?
How can I change the name of a shared mailbox?
Using Hiver with Gmail's split pane (three pane) view
Why does Hiver need Conversation View to be switched ON in Gmail?
How to move emails from personal inbox to the shared mailbox?
How can I embed images in templates?
How can I move my existing email templates to folders?
How do you handle spam emails?
Who can see the Shared Notes that I write on an email?
How can I edit a Hiver note?
Why can't I see Overdue view?
What happens if I add email accounts to Hiver which are aliases of each other?
If I am on Lite plan and I upgrade to Growth/Pro/Elite will I be able to retrieve the Analytics data for all the emails that were present when I was on Lite?
What does 'Unidentified' user mean in Hiver analytics?
I don't remember removing a specific email from shared mailbox. Why is my name added on the Activity feed?
Using Gmail Shared Labels
Using Shared Labels
Manage Shared Labels
Nested Shared Labels
Remove shared labels from emails
Analytics for Gmail Shared Labels
Shared Notes for shared labels
Shared Drafts for shared labels
Shared Templates for Shared Labels
Harvey - The AI Bot
Enable Asana Integration
Enable Jira Integration
In this page
Updated by Deepanwita
Plans: Elite only
You can use Round Robin Assignment to automatically assign emails received in a shared mailbox to the users of the shared mailbox in a round-robin manner. This ensures equal and prompt assignment of emails, hence improving efficiency. This is useful for teams who receive a high volume of email conversations in their shared mailbox and can find manual assignment cumbersome to use.
Enable Round Robin Assignment
To enable Auto Assignment for your shared mailbox
- Click on the yellow gear icon on your Gmail and select the 'Admin Panel' option to view the Hiver Admin Dashboard
- Click on the 'Shared Mailbox' tab to view the list of shared mailboxes on your account
- Choose the shared mailbox where you want to enable the Round Robin Assignment feature and click anywhere on the row to view the options on the shared mailbox
- Click on the 'Auto Assignment' tab
- Enable the Auto Assignment option
Exclude Users from Round Robin assignment queue
You might want to exclude certain users such as admins from automated round robin assignments. You can do that by using the ‘Exclude users from Round Robin’ setting. This can be changed at any time, and the new settings would be reflected immediately.
Manage User Availability for Round Robin Assignment
Emails are assigned only to users who are currently available. By default, none of the users in the shared mailbox will be available. Once you have enabled Round Robin Assignment, you will have to choose the users who you want to be a part of the Auto assignment queue.
While setting up a round-robin, you can allow users to control their availability using the following option:
If this option is selected, users can set their own availability through the 'Available for Auto Assignment' option found in Settings dropdown.
If this option is not selected, then the availability has to be set by users who have the permission to manage the user’s availability. This permission is available by default for the Supervisor, Mailbox admin and Admin roles. Click here to learn more about roles and permissions.
Users with roles which give them the permission to manage user availability can access it from within the Gmail interface using the given steps
- 1. Click on the second icon on the top right hand side of your Gmail to open the 'Manage User Availability' pane
- 2. In case of multiple shared mailboxes that have auto assignment enabled, select the required shared mailbox from the dropdown
- 3. Indicate the available users by using the toggle next to their names.
Round Robin Assignment based on Tags
You can use Round Robin Assignment based on Tags if you want to define specific conditions based on which conversations should be auto-assigned so that only the relevant conversations get automatically assigned.
This is useful for teams who want to take advantage of the auto-assignment capabilities but have specific workflows where-in only certain types of conversations must be assigned across all the users of the mailbox.
Enabling Round Robin Assignment based on Tags
- Follow steps 1-5 as above.
- On reaching the Auto Assignment screen, click on the dropdown menu and select "All inbound conversations with tags."
- Next, select the Tags based on which you want the Auto Assignment operation to be performed. Choose between 'any' of the Tags or 'all' of the Tags for your Auto Assignment workflow.
- Click on 'Apply' and then click on 'Save' to save your new Tag based Auto Assignment workflow.
Note: You can ONLY create Tag based Round Robin Assignment for Tags on which automations have been previously set up. This is because, these Tags serve as the means to define conditions within Auto-Assignment.
Things to remember about Round Robin Assignment
- Auto assignment will not work on emails which are added to the shared mailbox using the ‘Add to Shared Mailbox’ button.
- A user can control her availability only if the setting to control her availability has been enabled across all the mailboxes she is a part of.
- The availability of a user can be overridden by users who have permission to manage user availability.
- An email that has been automatically assigned to a user can be manually reassigned or closed if the need arises.
- Auto assignment works only for new emails that arrive in the shared mailbox after Auto Assignment has been set up.
- User availability can be managed only for users who are not a part of the excluded users list.