Working with emails in your shared mailbox
Manage emails in a shared mailbox
Import emails to a shared mailbox
Manage spam for shared mailbox
Remove emails from shared mailbox
Manage sent emails
Collaborating with other users
Organizing emails in the shared mailbox
Automating your workflow
Hiver SLAs 2.0 (Beta)
Setting up SLAs (for admins)
Viewing SLAs on conversations
Round Robin Assignment
SLA for shared mailbox
Send emails from your shared mailbox email id
Business Hours for shared mailboxes
Automations for shared mailbox
Auto Assign to Responder
Managing shared mailbox
Collecting customer feedback
Create and manage users
How do you take payments
3rd Party Cookies
Delete Hiver Account
Introduction to Hiver Chat
Managing your chat inbox (for admins)
Managing participants in a chat inbox
Personalizing your chat widget
Customer Satisfaction Surveys (CSATs)
Email capture form
Set widget behaviour when agents are unavailable
Managing agents' availability
Renaming a chat inbox
Deleting a chat inbox
Managing incoming chats (for members)
Chat assignment, replying on chats and more
Replying on chats
Changing Chat Status (Open/Closed)
Referring to Additional Contact Details Using “Chat details” Section
Creating, Editing, and Using Chat Templates
Other Misc. Features
Understanding When a Visitor is Online or Left the Chat
Auto-saved Personal Drafts
Accessing chat inbox
Understanding the default Views in a chat inbox (Unassigned, Mine, Team, and Closed)
Managing Your Availability
Enabling/Disabling Chat Notifications
Manually Sharing Chat Transcripts
Hiver Chat Mobile App
Accessing Hiver Chat Mobile App
View all Open and Closed Chats
Switching between Chat Inboxes
Replying and Managing Chats on the Mobile App
Recognizing Unread Chat Messages
Replying to Visitors
Using Chat Templates on Mobile
Sending Files in a Chat
Accessing "Chat details" option
Closing a Chat
Receive Push-notifications for Your Chat Alerts
Manage Your Availability
Reporting and Analytics
Viewing contact on a conversation
Recent conversations from contact and company
Managing contact settings
Send Emails Later
Reverse order of messages in a conversation
Security and Privacy
Is Anyone Reading My Email?
Do You Store My Emails On Your Servers?
Does Hiver Store My Google Password?
Is My Data Secure During Transfer Between Hiver’s Servers And Google’s Servers?
What Access Permissions Does Hiver Need To My Gmail/Google Account, And Why?
Troubleshoot and FAQ
How do I contact Hiver support?
How can I check the current status of Hiver?
I Get The Error “Hiver Unable To Connect To Your Gmail Because Incorrect Google Apps Permissions”. What Do I Do?
I got a Hiver invite and was logged into the wrong Gmail id. What do I do?
Will email syncing stop if I change my Gmail password?
Can I change my username?
I have added a new user to Hiver but emails with Shared Labels are not syncing with her.
Emails not getting shared with user even after adding her to a Shared Label
Added new user to Hiver account but can't assign emails to her in Shared Mailbox
Why is this conversation not available in my inbox?
Why don't emails sent to the shared mailboxes appear in my Inbox?
Emails are arriving in the Shared Mailbox with a delay. What should I do?
How can I get desktop or browser notifications about tasks and notes?
How do I create multiple Hiver accounts with the same domain?
How can I change the email id for a shared mailbox?
How can I change the name of a shared mailbox?
Using Hiver with Gmail's split pane (three pane) view
Why does Hiver need Conversation View to be switched ON in Gmail?
How to move emails from personal inbox to the shared mailbox?
How can I embed images in templates?
How can I move my existing email templates to folders?
How do you handle spam emails?
Who can see the Shared Notes that I write on an email?
How can I edit a Hiver note?
Why can't I see Overdue view?
What happens if I add email accounts to Hiver which are aliases of each other?
If I am on Lite plan and I upgrade to Growth/Pro/Elite will I be able to retrieve the Analytics data for all the emails that were present when I was on Lite?
What does 'Unidentified' user mean in Hiver analytics?
I don't remember removing a specific email from shared mailbox. Why is my name added on the Activity feed?
Using Gmail Shared Labels
Using Shared Labels
Manage Shared Labels
Nested Shared Labels
Remove shared labels from emails
Analytics for Gmail Shared Labels
Shared Notes for shared labels
Shared Drafts for shared labels
Shared Templates for Shared Labels
Harvey - The AI Bot
Enable Asana Integration
Enable Jira Integration
In this page
Updated by Deepanwita
You can reply and compose new emails in your shared mailbox by using
- your personal email address, or
- email address of the shared mailbox, or
- any alias of the email address of the shared mailbox that you have mentioned in the shared mailbox setting.
Click here to know how to save the alias of the shared mailbox id on your Hiver account.
Use the email id of the shared mailbox as the sender's id
To use the email id of the shared mailbox as the Sender's id by default, you have to
- Click on the yellow Hiver icon on your Gmail and select the 'Admin panel' to view the Admin Dashboard
- Click on 'Shared Mailbox' tab (second from the top) to see the list of shared mailboxes on your account
- Click anywhere on the row of the shared mailbox to see the options available
- Click on Settings tab
- Enable the option 'Auto select shared mailbox email on Compose'.
Even in case you have not set it as default, you can still send emails with the shared mailbox id or any of the alias as the Sender's id. To do so click on the FROM dropdown to select the shared mailbox email address.
Only users with the roles that give them the permission to access shared mailbox settings will be able to manage this option. Click here to learn more about roles and permissions.
Setup the Send As feature
The shared mailbox email address that you are using can be of one of the following two types:
- G Suite account (these will be like email@example.com, where mycompany.com is your G Suite domain)
- Gmail account (these will be like firstname.lastname@example.org)
1. If your shared mailbox email address is a G suite account
In this case, as soon as you are added to the shared mailbox, Hiver will automatically do the 'Send As' setup for you. You can start using the Send As feature right away as is shown in the first screenshot.
2. If your email address is a Gmail account
In this case, you will have to do a one-time setup to use the Gmail's 'Send As' feature. The setup has to be done by all the users of the shared mailbox.
To set it up
- Sign in to your Google Apps email
- Click on the upper-right and select Settings along the top of the page
- Select the Accounts tab
- Under Send mail as click Add another email address. This email address can be a Gmail account or a group in your Google Apps account
- In the Email address field, enter the sender name that you want email recipients to see, and the shared mailbox email address
- Click Next Step >> and then click Send Verification. Gmail will send a verification message to your other email address to confirm that you own it
- Locate the message from Gmail. Open it and either click the link contained in the message or enter the confirmation code in the Accounts section of your Google Apps email settings.
- Additionally, you can also set up your Gmail to send emails from the same account in which they were received. To do this, go to the Accounts tab in your Gmail, and switch on the option to do this.
Once this is set up, while composing an email, click on the dropdown next to “From” to select which email address you want to send email from:
Set up Signatures
You can setup Signatures for each of the email addresses that you have setup under the 'Send email As' feature. Please follow the given steps to do so
- Open Settings on your Gmail
- Click on the 'General' tab and find the 'Signature' option.
- Through the drop box, you will find all the email addresses that you have setup on your Gmail
- Select the email addresses, one at a time and enter the Signature in the box below