In this page
Updated by Deepanwita
You can reply and compose new emails in your shared mailbox by using
- your personal email address, or
- email address of the shared mailbox, or
- any alias of the email address of the shared mailbox that you have mentioned in the shared mailbox setting.
Click here to know how to save the alias of the shared mailbox id on your Hiver account.
Use the email id of the shared mailbox as the sender's id
To use the email id of the shared mailbox as the Sender's id by default, you have to
- Click on the yellow gear icon on your Gmail and select the 'Admin panel' to view the Admin Dashboard
- Click on 'Shared Mailbox' tab (second from the top) to see the list of shared mailboxes on your account
- Click anywhere on the row of the shared mailbox to see the options available
- Click on Settings tab
- Enable the option 'Auto select shared mailbox email on Compose'.
Even in case you have not set it as default, you can still send emails with the shared mailbox id or any of the alias as the Sender's id. To do so click on the FROM dropdown to select the shared mailbox email address.
Only users with the roles that give them the permission to access shared mailbox settings will be able to manage this option. Click here to learn more about roles and permissions.
Setup the Send As feature
The shared mailbox email address that you are using can be of one of the following two types:
- G Suite account (these will be like email@example.com, where mycompany.com is your G Suite domain)
- Gmail account (these will be like firstname.lastname@example.org)
1. If your shared mailbox email address is a G suite account
In this case, as soon as you are added to the shared mailbox, Hiver will automatically do the 'Send As' setup for you. You can start using the Send As feature right away as is shown in the first screenshot.
2. If your email address is a Gmail account
In this case, you will have to do a one-time setup to use the Gmail's 'Send As' feature. The setup has to be done by all the users of the shared mailbox.
To set it up
- Sign in to your Google Apps email
- Click on the upper-right and select Settings along the top of the page
- Select the Accounts tab
- Under Send mail as click Add another email address. This email address can be a Gmail account or a group in your Google Apps account
- In the Email address field, enter the sender name that you want email recipients to see, and the shared mailbox email address
- Click Next Step >> and then click Send Verification. Gmail will send a verification message to your other email address to confirm that you own it
- Locate the message from Gmail. Open it and either click the link contained in the message or enter the confirmation code in the Accounts section of your Google Apps email settings.
- Additionally, you can also set up your Gmail to send emails from the same account in which they were received. To do this, go to the Accounts tab in your Gmail, and switch on the option to do this.
Once this is set up, while composing an email, click on the dropdown next to “From” to select which email address you want to send email from:
Set up Signatures
You can setup Signatures for each of the email addresses that you have setup under the 'Send email As' feature. Please follow the given steps to do so
- Open Settings on your Gmail
- Click on the 'General' tab and find the 'Signature' option.
- Through the drop box, you will find all the email addresses that you have setup on your Gmail
- Select the email addresses, one at a time and enter the Signature in the box below