Shared Notes for Shared Mailbox
You can use Shared Notes on emails to communicate with other users of the Shared Mailbox. For every conversation, you will find a box in the Hiver widget on the right side of your Gmail where you can write and view Notes.
Direct a Shared Note to a user
Shared Notes can be created and seen by any user who is a member of the Shared Mailbox.
- @username : You can do a @username to direct a Shared Note at any user. The user to whom a Shared Note is directed at, will receive a notification
- @all : To direct the Shared Note at everybody use a @all
- And if you don't use '@' at all, the Shared Note will stay there as a comment which can be seen by anyone reading the email.
Reply to Shared Notes
If you want to respond to a particular note, you can hit the reply button. This will append the note to your reply. Other users will get context for your message and by clicking on the original note users can follow the conversation.
Using Color to Highlight
You can add a background color to Notes. To do this,
- Click on the Note to expand it
- Click on the ‘dropper’ icon at the bottom right of the Note
<<add a screenshot here on adding color>>
You’ll then be able to choose a background color for the Note.