Managing Spam for Shared Mailboxes
It is very easy to manage the Spam emails coming to your Shared Mailbox through Hiver. Spam emails are treated the same way irrespective of whether the Shared Mailbox is a Gmail type or Group type .
What happens when a Spam email comes to the Shared Mailbox email id
As with every other email coming to the Shared Mailbox, the Spam emails are also synced to all the users' Mailboxes. But while ordinary emails are treated as a part of the Shared Mailbox, Spam emails are not.
Following are the ways in which Spam emails are differentiated from ordinary emails. Here we will refer to the 'non-Spam' emails as 'regular' emails.
- Regular emails sent to the Shared Mailbox are initially synced to the 'Unassigned' section of the users' Shared Mailbox, but Spam emails are synced to the personal Spam folder of the users' Gmail.
- The regular emails are already a part of a Shared Mailbox, but Spam emails are not, so you can see the 'Add to Shared Mailbox' widget on the right side of the Spam email.
- Replies to the regular emails are synced to all the users of the Shared Mailbox while replies to the Spam emails are never synced till the original email stays in the Spam folder.
- If a user deletes an email from the Shared Mailbox, the action is synced and the email gets removed from the Shared Mailbox of all other users. But if any user deletes a Spam email from the Spam folder, there is no effect on the same email sitting in the personal Spam folder of the other users.
What happens when you mark an email as Spam
When any user of the Shared Mailbox marks an email/ email conversation in the Shared Mailbox as Spam
- The email/ email conversation is removed from the Shared Mailbox.
- The email/ email conversation is moved to the personal Spam folder of all the users of the Shared Mailbox.
What happens when you un-spam an email
When any user of the Shared Mailbox, un-spams an email that got synced to her Spam folder through Hiver Shared Mailbox, Hiver starts treating it like a regular email.
- The email/ email conversation gets added to the Shared Mailbox and gets synced to all the user's Shared Mailbox.
- All the replies to that email gets synced across to all the users.