Tags for shared mailbox
Plans : All
Tags for shared mailbox help you organize your emails by categories. For example, if you use a shared mailbox to manage your customer support, you can use tags to organize your customer emails by the kind of questions they ask or problems they report.
Create a tag
There are two ways of creating a tag
1. From the Tag panel
1. Click on the Tags view in shared mailbox to go to the tag panel
2. Click on the '➕' button on the tag panel
2. From the shared mailbox widget
1. Click on the Tag icon in the shared mailbox widget
2. Enter the name of the tag
Every tag should have a unique name within the shared mailbox. The same tag name can be used in different shared mailboxes. The maximum permissible length for a tag name is 50 characters.
Only users with the role which have the permission to create tags can do so. While creating you can choose a color for the tag.
Apply a tag on an email
To apply a tag
1. Open the email on which you want to apply a tag.
2. Click on the Tag icon in the shared mailbox widget on the right to open a box which contains the list of tags in that shared mailbox
3. Click on the tag which you want to apply
An activity feed about the application of tag is created in the Activity pane.
You can apply one or more tags on an email. Anyone can apply tags on an email.
Remove a tag from an email
To remove a tag
1. Hover the mouse over the tag name to find a small cross to its right
2. Click on the cross (✖️) to remove the tag from the email.
An activity feed about the tag removal is created in the Activity pane.
When anyone removes a tag from an email, the action gets synced across all the users of the shared mailbox. Anyone can remove a tag from an email.
Edit a Tag
After a tag has been created, you can go to the Tag edit pane to do any of the following
A. change its color
B. rename the tag
C. delete the tag
To go to the Tag edit pane
1. Click on the Tags view of the shared mailbox to see the list of tags in your shared mailbox
2. Click on the three dots on the right of the tag that you want to edit
Any user can change the color of a Tag.
Only users who have the role which allow them to rename and delete a tag can do so. Click here to learn more about roles and permissions.
Any change to a tag gets reflected in all the emails which have the tag.
When a tag is deleted, it gets removed from all the emails on which it was applied.
View emails with a tag
You can view all the emails with a certain tag by clicking on the Tags view in the shared mailbox and selecting that tag. You can filter this view to see emails with a certain status. To do so,
1. Click on the 'Select Status' dropdown to display the status options
2. Click on any option to apply the filter.
Create custom views with tags filter
You can create custom views with Tags filter which will allow you to see the emails which meet the conditions of the filter.
You can view metrics around Tags through the Analytics section.
To learn more, please read about the Tags section in Analytics for Shared Mailbox.