Send Emails from your Shared Mailbox email id
You can respond to emails in your Shared Mailbox by using your personal id as well as the email id of the Shared Mailbox. By default, emails will be sent from your personal id. To send emails from the Shared Mailbox id you can just use the FROM dropdown to select the email id you want to send the emails from.
How to setup the Send As feature
The email id that you are using can be of one of the following two types:
- G Suite account (these will be like firstname.lastname@example.org, where mycompany.com is your G Suite domain)
- Gmail account (these will be like email@example.com)
If your email id is a G suite account
In this case Hiver will automatically do the setup for you. You don't have to do any kind of setup and can just start using the Send As feature right away as is shown in the first screenshot.
If your email id is a gmail account
In this case you will have to do a one time setup to use the Gmail's 'Send As' feature. The setup has to be done by all the users of the Shared Mailbox.
Here are the instructions to set it up:
- Sign in to your Google Apps email
- Click on the upper-right and select Settings along the top of the page
- Select the Accounts tab
- Under Send mail as click Add another email address. This email address can be a Gmail account or a group in your Google Apps account
- In the Email address field, enter the sender name that you want email recipients to see, and the shared mailbox email address
- Click Next Step >> and then click Send Verification. Gmail will send a verification message to your other email address to confirm that you own it
- Locate the message from Gmail. Open it and either click the link contained in the message or enter the confirmation code in the Accounts section of your Google Apps email settings.
- Additionally, you can also set up your Gmail to send emails from the same account in which they were received. To do this, go to the Accounts tab in your Gmail, and switch on the option to do this.
Once this is set up, while composing an email, click on the dropdown next to “From” to select which email id you want to send email from:
Setting up Signatures
You can setup Signatures for each of the email ids that you have setup under the 'Send email As' feature. Please follow the given steps to do so
- Open Settings on your Gmail
- Click on the 'General' tab and find the 'Signature' option.
- Through the drop box, you will find all the email ids that you have setup on your Gmail
- Select the email ids, one at a time and enter the Signature in the box below