Using Auto Responder, you can choose to automatically send a response every time a new email is received in a shared mailbox.
Set up Auto Responder
1. Click on the yellow gear icon on Gmail and select the 'Admin Panel' option to view the Dashboard
2. Click on the 'Shared Mailbox' tab(second tab from the top) to view the list of shared mailboxes on your account
3. Choose the shared mailbox where you want to add the auto responder and click anywhere on the row to view the options
4. Click on the 'Auto Responder' tab and fill up the details
5. You can choose to Enable or Disable the Auto Responder for the shared mailbox.
Auto Responder for Business Hours
If a Business Hour template is assigned to a shared mailbox then you can setup Auto Responder for emails received either during 'Business Hours' or 'Calendar Hours'.
1. Click on the 'Auto Responder' tab
2. Choose between "All incoming emails" or "According to Business Hours"
- Choose All incoming emails option if you want to send an auto reply during the calendar hours ( irrespective of the Business Hours applied to that shared mailbox)
- Choose According to Business Hours if you want to send an auto reply to an email received during the Business Hours applied to that shared mailbox or outside the Business Hours