Automations for Shared Mailbox
You can automatically assign emails to a user and change status of emails in Shared Mailboxes by using the Hiver Automation feature. You can setup Automation Rules which will work on all the emails which arrive in your Shared Mailbox.
Setup an Automation rule
To set up automation rules for any Shared Mailbox
- Go to the Hiver Admin panel.
- Click on the 'Shared Mailbox' tab to see the list of Shared Mailboxes on your Hiver account.
- Click on the 'gear' icon on the extreme right of the Shared Mailbox for which you want to set the Automation rule.
- Click on the 'Automations' tab on the settings page that has opened.
- Click on “Create new Automation” button.
- After entering a name for the rule, you’d first have to select a condition which the rule checks for. You can have the rule check for multiple conditions to be met before it is activated.
- In the next step, choose the action to be taken by the rule.
- Proceed, and in the next step, Save and Activate the rule.
Thats it. The rule will start working as soon as you save.
A few important things to remember regarding how Automations work:
- Automations are available to accounts under Plus Plan and above.
- Automations work only for new emails that arrive in the shared mailbox after the automation is set up.
- Automations do not work on emails added to the shared mailbox manually using the “Add to Shared Mailbox” button.
- If you set up a rule to check for multiple conditions, it will require ALL of those conditions to be met.
- If an email meets the conditions required by two different automation rules, both automation rules are applied on the email one after the other. This can happen in any order, so please make sure you don’t have conflicting actions that might apply on the same email.
- You can use an automation rule to set up ’round robin’ assignments. If you do that, Hiver will automatically assign emails to the uses added to the shared mailbox, one by one.