In this page
Updated by Deepanwita
You can remove an email from a shared mailbox in the following two ways
Trash an email by using Gmail's 'trash/delete' button
In this case, the email gets removed from the shared mailbox for all the users.
Every user can choose whether or not to see the confirmation prompt. You can find the option here:
- Click on the yellow Hiver icon.
- Choose My Settings.
- Use the toggle for the option 'Delete Confirmation.'
Use the option 'Remove email from Shared Mailbox'
You can use this to remove the email from the shared mailbox for all the users. You can find the option here:
- Open the email and click on the 3 dots on the top right of the Hiver widget, to find the option 'Remove email from shared mailbox.'
- Removing the email from the shared mailbox will not delete the email.
- Whenever an email is removed from a shared mailbox, an Activity feed is created on the Activity panel, which keeps a record of who removed the email.
- You can add the email back to a shared mailbox by using the 'Add to Shared Mailbox' button.
Removed conversations log
An email conversation can be removed from the shared mailbox in the following three ways
Admins and mailbox admins can schedule a download of logs that will contain details of the removed conversations so that every removed conversation is accounted for.
Configure a removed conversations log
Admins and mailbox admins can create a schedule and distribution list for removed conversations log for a shared mailbox. The following can be customized:
Frequency of log file generation: Generation of removed conversations logs can be scheduled at a daily, weekly, or monthly frequency. The frequency can be edited at any time.
Time of log file generation: This is the time at which the log file will be generated. For example, a log file can be generated at 9 am every Monday. The appropriate timezone should be selected.
Time frame of log file generation: According to the selected frequency, a log file will be created which will contain details of all the conversations which were removed in the period for which the file was generated. For example, a weekly log file which is scheduled to be sent every Monday at 11 am, will contain details of all the removed conversations from last Monday at 11 am to the current Monday at 11 am.
Users who will receive the log file: The users of the shared mailbox who will receive the log file can be selected at the time of set up. The selected users will receive an email containing the link to a downloadable CSV file. The list can be edited anytime.
The downloadable CSV file will contain a row for each removed email conversation. The columns of the file are:
Conversation ID is a unique identifier for a conversation.
Subject line of the email.
Created at (UTC)
Time at which the conversation was added to the shared mailbox. For example, if a user received an email in her personal id at 9 am and added that email to the shared mailbox at 11 am, then the 'Created at' will specify 11 am.
Removed at (UTC)
Time at which the email was removed or deleted from the shared mailbox or marked as spam.
Removed by (name)
Name of the user of the shared mailbox who removed the conversation from the shared mailbox.
Removed by (email)
Email id of the user who removed the conversation from the shared mailbox.
c. Mark as spam
Manual - if the conversation was removed from the shared mailbox by a user by clicking on the 'Remove email from shared mailbox' button.
Trash - if the conversation was deleted from the shared mailbox by a user of the shared mailbox.
Mark as spam - if the conversation was marked as spam by a user of the shared mailbox.
Setup a removed conversations log
Admins and mailbox admins can use the given steps to do the one-time setup.
- Go to the Hiver admin panel.
- Admins can click on the "Shared Mailbox" tab to see the list of shared mailboxes. Mailbox admins can choose the shared mailbox.
- Click anywhere on the row of the shared mailbox to access "Settings".
- Click on "Settings" (tab at the bottom).
- Go to "Advanced Settings."
- Use the toggle to turn on the option 'Removed conversations log.'
- Click on the gear icon next to it to access settings.
- Specify the frequency(weekly/monthly), time with timezone at which the report will be periodically generated.
- Choose the users of the shared mailbox who will receive the log file.
- Click on Save and enable schedule.
Please note the following
- A row will be present for every instance an email conversation is removed from the shared mailbox. If an email conversation is removed and added multiple times, every instance of the removal will be logged.
- If the email conversation was removed during the period the log file was scheduled and is present at the time the log file is generated, a record mentioning the removal will be present.